Monday, October 3, 2011

Joan Burnt at the Stake

            I WAITED TO DIE, BECAUSE PEOPLE DO NOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUTH.  I was charged with three indictments. The first being which people claimed I used magic.  Voices from st. michael, st. Margaret, and st. Catherine were speaking to me.  Instructing me to dress as a boy and fight for the French in the hundred years’ war. They accused me of being likened to the devil. If I am not in god’s grace, may god put me there; and if I am, may god so keep me.   The second and third sets of accusations were for speaking out my faith and being pure obedient to god.
            When my sentence was to be carried out, I was tied down to a tall wooden pillar, and placed so everyone could see my flesh be burnt into ashes. A small peasant boy constructed me a little cross, which I placed on the front of my dress to show my dedication to god.  I asked to face the cross from the church. I also requested to hold small wooden cross until I had fully pasted on.  The time had come for me.  My body gushed to flames.  My skin melting, everything burning, I cried out, “Jesus, Jesus” to give me strength!  In giving up the ghost and bowing my head, I uttered Jesus one last time as a sign i was fervent in the faith of God.

2 comments:

  1. Watching them tie the mysterious woman to the post and prepare her for her death. They said her name was Joan. They called her Joan of Arc and apparently she was a prophet for her deity which she called Jesus. I know nothing of this "Jesus" she talks about. He is a man that I dont know of and don't believe in his so called miracles.My name is Publius and I am a Roman senator watching the burning of Joan of Arc due to the charges of witchcraft, and speaking out in her faith and her belief in this one god whom she calls by different names. Personally I care little for her faith and believe that it is wrong to punish her for a faith no one knows much about. I watched as they lit the pole and it burned up to her catching the oil they had soaked her in, engulfing her body in a red and orange blaze. As she slowly burned to death the crowed cheered. I simply turned and left as I do not agree with this brutal punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Julius Caesar) I watched them tie you to the pillar. They told me you were charge with three indicements which dealed with your religion. I did not know much of this "Jesus" you spoke of, nor do I believe in him. I am from Rome, where many gods are believed in, and this particular one, to me, does not exist. I neither agree nor disagree with the sentence that has been placed upon you. When your body caught fire, I noticed the small cross you had been holding on to. Your screams of "Jesus!" echoed throughout the area. I watched as your flesh melted of your skin, and a sickening feeling rose from within me. After the screams stopped and your body had been to reduced to nothing but ash, I solemnly closed my eyes and walked away.

    ReplyDelete