Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 2

       After tossing and turning in bed last night from all the time change, I woke up early this morning to start of a new day in Botswana.  The first sight I went to visit was the Nata Bird Sanctuary. It was fairly cheap to get into at three dollars.  Although it had over one hundred and sixty five birds, it was also home to many animals including; antelopes, zebras, jackals, foxes, monkeys, and squirrels.  After I was done spending time with all the colorful animals I went to Kuba Island.  It cost five U.S. dollars to enter.  Kuba means hippopotamus. It uses to be home to many of thee.  On one of the shore line’s it had a wall full of unknown ancient origin.  It was a really neat place to visit.  After visiting both extraordinary sights, my stomach got the rumbles.   I took my hungry stomach down to Milano’s Chicken and Pizza.  It was delicious!  Later in the afternoon, I explored the Makgadikgadi Pans Game Reserve.  It had one of the most spectacular views of wildebeest and zebras.  Amazingly it was free to attend!  After that I felt the need to go and crash at my hotel.  I stayed at a cheaper hotel for the area at one hundred dollars a night.  It was called the Leroo La Tau.  As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment