Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 3

  I’m finally getting use to the time change.  When I woke up this morning I was for an adventurous day!  The first thing I decided to do this morning was get some breakfast.  I went to King’s Takeaway, which was kind of like the American Burger King.  It only cost me about five dollars, fairly cheap.   After filling my stomach, I traveled to Gabatsadi Islands.  I was told that Prince Charles visited there to capture the beautiful view in watercolor, but it was so hot that it ran down the paper. After the magnificent scenic view, I went to Chapman’s Baobab.  It was historically used asa navigation beacon. It may have also been used as an early post office by passing explorers, traders and travelers, many of whom left inscriptions on its trunk.  After all the traveling I went to a relaxing place called Ntwetwe Pan.  It had many rocky outcrops, but the lunar landscape was beautiful!  It was really relaxing and got me ready for bed time.  I was staying at the Nata Lodge. It cost sixty-nine dollars per night, but was worth it. It had luxury tents and chalets, safari chic, and the open-air bar-restaurant and shady pool are perfect for unwinding after touring the nearby pans.




No comments:

Post a Comment