Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 4

      I was completely adjusted to the time change when I woke up this morning.  This first thing I decided to do this morning was to visit the Nata Delta.  It is a located at the rock deposits at the beginning of the river.  Huge flocks of birds visit this area all the time.  Then, I went out to eat at the Fishmonger.  People from Botswana told me not to think about how far away the nearest ocean is.  It was a very classy restaurant. It was also very expensive, costing me eighteen dollars.  After that, I visited the Sawa Spit, which I still barely understand what it was.  It was a soda ash plant.  I took a tour, but didn’t really understand anything.  Then, I went to the small dust-bowl town of Gweta.  The name of the village is derived from the croaking sound made by large bullfrogs, which, incredibly, bury themselves in the sand until the rains provide sufficient water for them to emerge and mate.  Later that night, I went to Jack’s Camp.  It was a run-down motel! It only cost fifty dollars though.    

No comments:

Post a Comment