Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 1

Today is July 17, 2011, yesterday I left for the airport at five o’clock in the morning.  My flight left at 6:05 a.m. from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  The flight took twenty seven hours and twenty minutes, so I was on a plane for over a whole day!  Was it really worth $1,855.00 to sit on a plane for that long?  When I got off the plane at Gaborone, Botswana it was 9:25 p.m.  I was definitely feeling the affects of jet lag.  Originally it would have been 3:25 p.m. not 9:25! 
After realizing what standing on land felt like again, I traveled to my hotel to drop off my bags at the Gudigwa Cultural Lodge, so I could go out to eat.  I went to the Terrace Restaurant in Gaborone.  I ordered some type of grilled meat. It was like a rainbow in my mouth!  After filling my stomach with some traditional Botswana food I went back to my hotel to finally get some sleep.  I was exhausted, but was ready to see what adventure the rest of the week had in store for me!     

No comments:

Post a Comment