Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 6

       When I woke up this morning, after wonderful night of sleep, I really wanted to see another crocodile farm.  I asked all around the village of Maun if there was one here. To my luck there was! It was called the Crocodile Farm and cost $7.00 to get in.  It was a community ran farm. The point of the farm was to try to encourage people to stay inside the mokoros (traditional dugout canoe), while flowing through the Okavango Delta.  After seeing the odd creatures, I visited the Matsieng Rock Carvings.  It was one of the few free attractions.  The Batswana people regard this spot as one of the four 'creation sites'. According to legend, the footprint and rock carvings belonged to Matsieng, who marched out of a hole followed by wild and domestic animals. Then after visiting one of Botswana’s most historical sighs, I went to get some lunch.  I went to Hillary’s to eat.  I had a baked potato, homemade bread, and a bowl of soup.  The price of my meal was about $12.50.  Next I traveled to Ghanzi, which is about two and one half hours from Maun.  I ran into a group of villagers doing a tribal dance. They only do this on rare occasions; when someone’s very ill or they need rain. It was pretty amazing!  Later that evening, after watching the villagers for a while I went to my hotel.  I thought since this was my last night staying in Botswana, I’d sleep in luxury.  I stayed at the Kalahari Arms Hotel.  It was beautiful!  The price spoke fro it at $212.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment