Thursday, December 15, 2011

Julius Ceasar

        I was given the name Gaius Julius Caesar in July 100 B.C. My death date occurred on the fifteenth of March 44 B.C. I was once a Roman general and statesman. I am not a man who thinks above and beyond of myself. Although I must say, I played a very critical role in the transformation of the Roman Republic into the Roman Empire.
        In 60 BC, Crassus, Pompey, and I formed a political alliance. It was made to dominate Roman politics for several years. Our attempt to amass power was opposed by the conservative elite. My Conquest of Gual, extended Rome’s territory to the English Channel and the Rhine. I was the first Roman general to cross both, while building a bridge across Rine and conducted the first invasion of Britain.
        These achievements granted me unmatched military power. I felt untouchable! It threatened to eclipse Pompey’s standing. Political realignments in Rome finally led up to standoff between me and Pompey. I marched from Gaul to Italy with my legions, crossing through the Rubicon. It sparked a civil war from which I emerged as the unrivaled leader of the Roman world.
When I first returned to Rome, I was granted with triumphs for my victories. After that, not everything went my way.  Fights and riots broke out, and the only way to stop them was with violence. I passed many new laws. I abolished the tax system, extended Latin rights, and paid for families to have children to increase the population. I was honored with a golden chair in the Senate.
It was soon announced that I was a permanent dictator.  I was now aloud to veto the Senate. I gave myself the title of the “Perfect of the Morals.”  All of this commotion eventually leads to the Social War. Some were not happy with all of my decisions. Some were not given full citizen rights. I later become aware I was going to be assassinated. Why is this violence I yelled as I was waited for the worst! More than 60 men helped with the killing, and over 23 knives help stabbed me. In my last breaths I said You to, child?

No comments:

Post a Comment